Shoes Too Big? (Carets.com)
"Exchange" for smaller size.
Sorry for the fit issues! No worries, we're here to help with all the guidance and solutions we offer you.
How Should My Shoes Fit?
The widest part of your feet should match with the widest part of your shoes, like the image below.
There is an old rule that to check proper fit, you should be able to slide your index finger between your heel and the back of the shoe. This does not work for Carets, because we provide both the wide toe box of barefoot shoes and the aesthetic tip of dress shoes. Your foot should not be crammed to the front, but rather secured to the back, so that your toes can splay and wiggle in the front.
How Do Dimensions Change From Size to Size?
US whole sizes are measured in length increments of 0.33 inches (8.47 mm), and width increments of 0.13 inches (3.3 mm).
One size up = 0.33 inches (8.47 mm) longer, and 0.13 inches (3.3 mm) wider.
Tighten the laces or straps?
This might sound obvious, but sometimes we forget that we can tighten the laces or straps to our liking.
Easy Fix: Tongue Pads
If your shoes are only loose at the middle and back, while fitting fine in the toe box, you can order some tongue pads. These are a soft oval pad placed under the tongue of your shoe, to bring it closer to the top of your instep.
Note this option is not exclusive of the others. If the tongue pads don’t help, you can still return for a full refund.
However, if the toe box is too loose, we should try a smaller size.
Still No Luck?
If none of the above helped enough, we can create a $0 exchange order to ship replacements, to compare against the original size you ordered.
Request an Exchange
- Contact us with the chat box on the bottom-right with your order number, or reply to your order confirmation email.
- Tell us the replacement Style-Color-Size you wish to compare against your original order.
- We will create a new free order and shipment for the replacement.
- Carefully compare your shoes side-by-side.
- Tell us which one you want to return.
- We will provide you a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number.
- If you're in the US, we will provide a prepaid return label.
- If you're outside the US, we can't generate prepaid return labels, so you'll have to take care of return shipping.
1) Make sure shoes are CLEAN, like New
Unlike other shoe companies, we're okay with you wearing your shoes outside! Just make sure you clean off any dirt or mud before sending them back. Common courtesy, right?
If necessary, your local cobbler can make them good as new with a clean, condition, and shine.
- Wrinkles? Okay! It's practically unavoidable.
- Dirt or mud? Not Okay! Please clean this off, or there will be a cleaning fee of 25 USD.
- Scuffs? Not Okay! Please have these buffed out, or there will be a restoration fee of 50 USD.
- Deep cuts or scratches? Never Okay! If you return shoes with permanent damage, there will be NO REFUND. We can send it back to you for the cost of shipping.
2) Pack the items for Return
Include the RMA print-out, the original packing slip, or a slip of paper with your RMA and order number, so we can identify the return, and refund your money.
Make sure the LEFT shoe tree goes into the LEFT shoe, and the RIGHT shoe tree goes into the RIGHT shoe. Incorrectly switching the shoe trees can permanently distort your shoes, and forfeit your refund.
3) Protect your return
Carets takes responsibility for carrier mistakes when we ship to you, but not for returns when you ship to us.
At the very least, you'll want to take a photo of your receipt and/or label, to save the tracking number.
And since it’s a high-value package, consider insuring your return.
Please allow 10 business days once the item is received to process your refund. Refunds will be made to the original payment method. You will receive an email confirming your refund.