Returns - Shoes Too Big? (USA to Carets.com)
"Exchange" for smaller size.
Sorry for the fit issues! No worries, we're here to help with all the guidance and solutions we offer you.
How Should My Shoes Fit?
The widest part of your feet should match with the widest part of your shoes, like the image below.
There is an old rule that to check proper fit, you should be able to slide your index finger between your heel and the back of the shoe. This does not work for Carets, because we provide both the wide toe box of barefoot shoes and the aesthetic tip of dress shoes. Your foot should not be crammed to the front, but rather secured to the back, so that your toes can splay and wiggle in the front.
How Do Dimensions Change From Size to Size?
US whole sizes are measured in length increments of 0.33 inches (8.47 mm), and width increments of 0.13 inches (3.3 mm).
One size up = 0.33 inches (8.47 mm) longer, and 0.13 inches (3.3 mm) wider.
Easy Fix: Tongue Pads
If your shoes are only loose at the middle and back, while fitting fine in the toe box, we can send you some tongue pads for $1. These are a soft oval pad placed under the tongue of your shoe, to bring it closer to the top of your instep.
Note this option is not exclusive of the others. If the tongue pads don’t help, you can still return for a full refund.
However, if the toe box is too loose, we should get you a smaller size.
Request an Exchange
- Contact us with the chat box on the bottom-right
- Tell us your original order number, and the replacement Style-Color-Size you wish to compare against your original order.
- We will create a new free order and shipment for the replacement
- Carefully compare your shoes side-by-side, and decide which fits best.
- Go to https://carets.com/a/returns to request a free return label, using the order number you're returning
- Select your refund method: Exchange
- You’ll get a prepaid return label via email. In order to avoid the 25 USD cleaning fee or 50 USD restoration fee, please follow the instructions carefully.